It’s mid-August, and you’re coming home from a long day at work. As you walk through the door, you expect to be greeted by cool, refreshing air, but instead, you walk into a hot, stagnant house. The AC has gone out, and it’s after 5:00 p.m. Fortunately, you can call Penland Heating and Air Conditioning for 24 hour AC repair, that will have your home cool and comfortable in no time! We serve Crystal Coast, including Beaufort, New Bern, Jacksonville and surrounding areas.
When to Call 24 Hour HVAC Repair
If your air conditioner is on the fritz and you’re not sure if it’s a problem that can wait until business hours or if you need to call for emergency HVAC repair, look for these issues:
- Burning smell. Any burning smell needs to be addressed immediately as it could be a sign of an electrical problem.
- Excessive noise. A screeching or shrieking sound could be a fan belt problem that can be quickly fixed, but it can also be a sign that the compressor is failing.
- No air flow or warm air. Not having air conditioning or heating can be dangerous to you and your family, especially in the hottest part of summer or if the winter temps dip below freezing. If your HVAC is inoperable, don’t put yourself or your family at risk, and call us for emergency repair!
Shut off your HVAC and call for emergency repair.
Troubleshooting Your Air Conditioner
If your air conditioner stops working without warning, it may not be an emergency, especially if it had been working fine until now. Follow these quick steps to troubleshoot your AC or central heating to see if these fix the problem:
- Check your thermostat settings. The batteries may have died, someone may have hit a button to accidentally turn it off or change the settings.
- Check your circuit breaker. The circuit may have overloaded and tripped the breaker. See if the circuit needs to be reset.
- Check the air filter. If it’s dirty or clogged, it may be blocking air flow that prevents it from operating as it should.
- Turn it off for a short period. It may have simply frozen up if it’s working overtime. However, it’s still a good idea to call for air conditioning repair or service to prevent continued occurrences.
If these don’t get your unit up and running, call us any time for 24 hour air conditioning repair!
Why Choose Us for Emergency HVAC Repair?
Penland Heating & Air Conditioning has been a trusted provider of HVAC repair and installation since 1979. Our family owned company is dedicated to providing the best possible service to our customers and that means being there when you need us, providing reliable, effective repairs, and never taking shortcuts or cutting corners. We understand that air conditioning and heating systems don’t always break down between 9:00 to 5:00. That’s why we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to get your HVAC up and running. With our team on your side, we’ll have your home or business cool and comfortable in no time!
Contact Us for 24-Hour HVAC Repair in Crystal Coast, NC
Your comfort and safety can’t wait! If you need emergency HVAC repair for your Crystal Coast home or business, give us a call immediately at 252-344-1880!